OpenMD.com Search Indexing
All sites in OpenMD's directory and search index are reviewed for the following criteria:
- Medical Focus: Site provides original health reference material.
- Accessibility: A substantial portion of site content must be free.
- Impartiality: Site does not promote a specific drug, device, or service.
- Usability: Easy to navigate and not dominated by advertising.
- Trustworthiness: Demonstrates authority in subject matter.
OpenMD reviews each organization's reputation and potential conflicts of interest. Additionally, a sample of articles are evaluated for author qualifications, supporting references, tone, and currency.
In addition to determining inclusion eligibility, the above factors impact how each site is ranked in search results.
OpenMD makes every attempt to only provide links to reliable sources but cannot guarantee the accuracy of content provided by sites included in the index. If you find a site that you believe violates the above standards, please contact us and we will review the site's inclusion in the index.
OpenMD's dedicated journal search provides access to the National Library of Medicine's PubMed® index. OpenMD has no role in the indexing process. By default, OpenMD returns only free and full text journal results. Users may adjust search filters to view abstract-only results as well.
Medical Site Directory
OpenMD's directory provides an organized index of sites that represent the best-of-the-best resources in a number of health categories. Directory sites meet all search index inclusion criteria. We do not accept paid inclusion. We do not accept link requests.